Monday, May 24, 2010

Planning for a Silent Auction


My ten week campaign with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is in its seventh week! I have moved my focus to planning for the final event where I will be able to submit three items to a silent auction. 

People in all departments of Ballet San Jose are helping me put together silent auction items for the Grand Finale Event of the Man and Woman of the Year Campaign to be held on June 18th. 

For our first item, we have put together a work-out package to which the Ballet San Jose School is donating a series of ten adult ballet classes. This will be coupled with a certificate for GYROTONIC® sessions with Certified GYROTONIC® Trainer and Ballet San Jose dancer Harriet McMeekin. 






Harriet McMeekin, Ballet San Jose Dancer and GYROTONIC® Instructor 


As a second item, we are putting together a ballet themed portrait. The sitting and portrait has been donated by local portrait artist  Paul Tumason, makeup and hair styling donated by Robin Church, Ballet San Jose's Hair and Makeup Designer, and tiara/headpiece consultation donated by Maggie Heaman, Costume Director and Resident Designer for Ballet San Jose. This item was inspired by my experience trying on tiaras with the LLS's girl of the year Emily Pepper. She and I had such a great time in the costume shop trying on retired tiaras that I thought that we could create a popular auction package offering people a special experience with the professional wardrobe and makeup staff of Ballet San Jose. 

Our third auction item is to include tickets to future Ballet San Jose performances, and I hope that these three packages do well at the auction. Thank you to everyone at Ballet San Jose for their support in arranging and donating these auction items! 

I apologize if I have not personally thanked you for your mailed in donation. It sounds like things are a bit hectic at the Silicon Valley Chapter of the LLS right now, which is good, because it means that we are raising a good deal of money. But they do not have the staff to keep each candidate updated with a list of donors who mail in donations to the LLS directly, although I am assured that all donations are being accounted for and properly credited and deposited. After June 18th I will receive a list of all donors who have sent in their kind contributions by mail, so I apologize if I don't properly acknowledge your gift to the LLS until then. 

Don't forget to join us at Aqui in downtown Campbell for a fundraiser on May 31st from 4:00pm to 9:00pm! If you bring in this flyer or mention Dalia Rawson, the LLS, or the Man and Woman of the Year Campaign to your server or bartender, Aqui's will donate 20% of your bill to my campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They will also donate 20% of your takeout order, so if you have other plans, please consider picking up some food for dinner at home or to bring to a barbeque and you will get a great meal and support a great cause. This should be a lot of fun, so I hope to see many of you who live locally on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. We've come up with a bunch of additional great auction items! I will update the blog regarding this in a few days, but let me say that Maria Jacobs-Yu is a star in so many ways. She has donated a personal appearance for a Ballerina Birthday Party! I am so honored that a principal dancer and ballerina of her caliber is willing to give of her time and her artistry so generously. Thank you Maria!!

    ReplyDelete